You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
As far as the requirements of the website are concerned, you will be working off either Photoshop files or low fidelity (Balsamiq) wireframes. At this moment, I have low fidelity wireframes ready so at least the requirements and the flow will be fairly easy to understand. Depending on whether or not you and your team can create a good website design in photoshop, I may have you create the photoshop PSDs or have it outsourced to a web design professional.
Here's a quick synopsis of the project itself:
The website will have multiple portals for users of different roles. Right now, I'm looking to have a portal developed for regular users (customers) and agents (partners that we'll be working with).
The primary function of the user portal is to guide users through a process which will result in them buying certain products off the website. The customers will be guided through a six step process in a "wizard like" style. There will be plenty of forms, and many of the form elements on the page will either be added or removed based on what the user has already selected. There will be a lot of validations done, several tooltips and flash messages to inform/ warn users. There will also be about 5 - 10 dialog boxes with static text to provide even more guidance to the users. I'm attaching a low-res mockup of one of the screens to give you an idea of all this. Some additional points about the user portal are mentioned below:
- Sign In/ Sign Up pages with authentication/ facebook authentication
- integration with social media sites (facebook, twitter)
- integration with a payment gateway (this will not be paypal or any other payment gateway you're probably familiar with)
- integration with a currency rate quotes engine (like reuters)
- basic integration with google maps APIs
- email/ SMS notifications
- ability for the user to modify preferences such as notifications etc. ability to change password, profile information, account specific information
- A lot of dynamic form elements created/ validated using AJAX/ JQuery/ JS
The agent portal will have a dashboard screen with a few tabular widgets. Agents will be allowed to create new transactions(almost same flow as user portal), delete and edit transactions, view transaction details on one screen and lookup transactions they've created. They will also be able to request a payout and see their earnings. There may be a provision to allow users to modify some of their preferences. So about 3 - 5 screens more in total.
If you'd like to bid on this project, please mention your experience in the technologies mentioned and present to me a showcase of your work available on the public domain. I would also like to receive a ballpark estimate from you about the time it would take you to develop this and how much you expect to charge for this project.
Few Additional considerations:
1. This website is intended for the Indian markets where internet speeds are very slow. One of the key success factors of this website would be to optimize page loading times and speed in general
2. SEO considerations should be kept in mind during development
Additional Project Description:
09/03/2011 at 8:53 SGT
We will be following an agile model of development in this project. We will using a scrum planning web based tool to create a backlog and track each (1 week long) iteration and individual tasks. I'll also be organizing daily stand up meetings to keep on top of the progress