You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
1. GOAL: build a JavaFX Browser plugin to generate video thumbnails using FFMpeg
(please note it needs to be a browser plugin. It cannot be a local web server, but I'm happy to consider other options other than JavaFX -Flex?-)
2. The plugin will be displayed just in a in a normal HTML page.
3. The User Interface will be only 1 small screen, and it will have the following input fields:
3.1. Source Video file (to be selected by the user from his local hard drive)
3.2. Output path (to be selected by the user from his local hard drive)
3.3. Gap between thumbnails
3.4. Start Time (zero if not entered)
3.5. End Time (end of file time, if not entered)
3.6. Cancel Button
3.7. Accept Button
4. Once the user clicks Accept the thumbnails are generated. To achieve so, the JavaFX plugin :
4.1. invokes an appropiate FFMpeg java classes wrapper (eg: http://www.xuggle.com http://www.sauronsoftware.it/projects/jave/)
4.2. directly executes command-line statements to execute ffmpeg
What would you recommend? Any suggestions are welcome
5. Thumbnail images are generated with the pattern [MyVideoFile]_[hhmmss].jpg
(eg: if the video source file name is LateNightShow.wmv then the thumbnail file name taken at 5 minutes and 3 seconds will be named: LateNightShow000503.jpg)
6. Once thumbnails have been generated in the user local computer, they need to be sent to the web server. How can this be achieved?
A. All source code
C. Simple document describing how the code works
Additional Project Description:
02/17/2013 at 13:44 IST
(please note that the video file and FFMpeg will be in the computer where the browser is being run from (client computer), NOT in the web server computer. That is why javaFX/Flex are needed: in order to be able to run FFMpeg installed in the client computer, from the user's browser being run in that same client computer as well )