You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We are looking for an Android service to be created utilising Android's "Accounts and Sync" section, which automatically uploads the device's photos to our online service. The functionality will be similar to Dropbox's Camera Upload service.
After installing the app, users will be able to go to Accounts and Sync on their device and add an Account for our service. They will be required to sign into their account, then will then configure some basic sync settings. Once enabled, all existing photos on the device, and any new photos, will automatically be uploaded to our service through our OAuth API.
- Ability for users to add an account in "Accounts and Sync"
- Automatically upload original, full size photos and videos.
- Photos must include any EXIF or location data they contain.
- Users will be able to choose when syncing occurs (wi-fi only, or wi-fi and data plan)
- Users will be able to choose whether to upload existing photos, or just new photos.
- Users will be able to view some key features of their account (account type, space used, etc) in the settings.
App flow description:
1. After installing the app, the user will go to the Accounts and Sync section of their Android device. They click 'Add Account', and can then be able to select a DPHOTO account.
2. The user is shown a login screen. They enter their username and password, then click Login. The app calls user.xauth() and saves the returned user information.
3. The user is then shown a setup screen to configure automatic sync settings. When the user click 'Enable Sync', the app calls album.create(), and saves the album_id that is returned. This is the album that photos will automatically be synced to. The album name passed to album.create should be the name of the device e.g. "Samsung Galaxy 4".
4. The user is then shown a Setup Complete screen.
5. All existing photos and videos on the device should then be uploaded to the server using the file.upload() method. Any new photos or videos taken after setup should also be uploaded. The photos should include EXIF and Location data when available.