You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Develop mobile APP for a M2M application to handle installation and manual control of field equipment.
The Server side for this M2M application is written in Java. However, in order to make this project not so dependent on the existing server application the project also includes writing a simulator that will provides the necessary services/data to test the apps. Using Java for the simulator is preferred.
Support for Android is the primary object but iOS may be necessary as well. Freelancer should state if that can be done as well.
A brief description is attached. Detailed information will be provided later.
The work should be done according best practice for the app development.
I have set the project type to Fixed Price but it can be discussed if it should be on Hourly budget instead.
Additional Project Description:
06/18/2013 at 23:41 IST
Thanks for all the replies. It is not easy to choose. therefore I have some further questions.
1) Have you developed Apps communicating with backend server? Explain some details.
2) Have you used delayed synching?
3) Do you have any experience in writing API suitable for this situation?
4) What is your suggestion when it comes to protocol between the server and the app (on application level)?
5) As I hope you have understood we need to have a barcoder feature to read the equipment ID? Explain a little about it. Can we just place the marker in entry field and then use the built-in camera to read a bar code and then the read code should end up in the entry field?
6) These sites are organized in different level, City, District, Area, so in order to have a useable list we probably have to have some tree list. Then we can select an Area for example, then we should see the a list of Sites under that area. I think you get the idea. Pls let me know if you have done such a tree list and provide example how it can be done.
7) Displaying sites on a map is not within scope but it would be an advantage if you can show that you have worked with maps (google for example). If so you may suggest some map UI. It will be another project after this but it is good for me to know.