You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I need a solution to synchronise 2 databases in real time:
Server 1 : MS SERVER 2003, SQL SERVER 2003
Server 2: Ubuntu 12.04, Postgresql 8.4 or 9.1
The 2 servers are at different locations.
1) Records written in "table_IN" on server 1. This record needs to be immediately written to "table_IN" on "server 2". Then deleted from server 1.
2) Records written to "table_OUT" on server 2 need to be written immediately to "table_OUT" on server 1 and deleted from server2.
3) The communication must be secure and FAST
4) Communication must be sent using a "guaranteed delivery" system. We must be sure that each record is transferred, but only once. Even if one side breaks down, records must be transferred when system is running again. I was thinking of message queues.
5) Use open source software where possible.
6) Provide source codes and small installation documentation for each end.
Please feel free to suggest optimised architecture or alternative approaches, replication software etc.