You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We need to create a Java desktop application to allow document uploads to our web application.
Note - in all cases where the Web App is required to do something - we will program that function. We require the Freelancer to only work on the Java component.
The Java application will:
1) Allow the user to login to the Java App
- The login will be authenticated via HTTP to our Web App
2) Show a 'virtual file system', showing the structure of the file system in the web application
- The data for this file system will be returned from the web application via XML or JSON (we will provide this feed)
- Ability to browse folders, close folders, have folders inside folders
- Ability to create folders (Create request to be sent to the Web App)
3) Allow a user to upload a file into the virtual file system via 'drag and drop'
- User shall drag and drop file from desktop into the Java app
- The file upload would happen via POST to the web application
- Web App will return a 'success'/'fail' message
4) Allow a user to open a file from the virtual file system
- On 'double click' the file will be retrieved from the Web App, and streamed to the Java App
- When loaded to a local cache, it will open on the users desktop
- The app needs to launch the appropriate software for the file.
eg: MS Word, Excel
5) When a user 'saves' the file, it shall save back to the Web App
- So, if a user is in MS Word, Excel, it should save back to the Java App
- The Java App will stream the file back to the Web App.