I am an independent blogger at kendrickcoleman.com that focuses on technologies stemming from VMware. My blog has reached over 136 countries, averages 1000+ page views per day, which averages 30k page views per month. I have multiple advertisers that help generate funds for my next great project.
I am looking for a well-rounded individual or group of individuals that have the following technical traits:
VMware SDK (Java Focused)
Project: Create a hardened Linux server to be a broker of communications. The Linux server will use Java with VMware APIs to talk to a specific VMware application. A HTML5 interface will be the GUI for the communications and administrative actions
This project is very similar to http://labs.vmware.com/flings/vcma
- work together to build requirements for the entire application to be successful
- development the close-source Java code needed for communication to the VMware product set using APIs.
- Java code must be modular to integrate into future innovations with the product
- Java code must be done on CentOS (Linux Operating System)
- Harden the CentOS image for being publicly accessible on the internet (ie, no GUI) and making sure the java code is secure as possible from reverse engineering
- build a functional HTML5 interface design that has a clean, professional, and intuitive UI that can be accessed easily by mobile devices.
- Use the HTML5 interface to hook into linux packages such as creating the UI for binding to LDAP, User Management, IP/DNS Management, etc.
- Use TrueLicense or another licensing product to create perpetual and temporary licenses.
- Need to make the appliance a pre-packaged application that can be easily deployed and implemented in VMware environments
More details of the VMware product in question will be revealed during the proposal process when NDA is signed. The VMware application shouldn't matter as long as the applicant knows how to use Java APIs.
The applicant will be given remote access to a VMware environment where code can be tested.
Please do not post a bid for this project. I am looking for a long-term partnership. This application will go through many iterations and will consistently need patches and updating. Future innovations for making the product better for the end-user will also be on the timeline. I will disclose the project in more detail when I have a NDA signed and we can discuss it via Skype or WebEx. please contact me [The Administrator removed this message for containing contact details which breaches our Terms and Conditions.] and we can dfigure out next steps. I am primarily looking for a Programming Partner who will be vested into this project and will also own a percentage of this potential business. The percentage will be a payoff way beyond a simple $5k programming project if this is executed properly.
- Programming languages: Java and HTML5 or any cross-browser language
- Linux. Specifically CentOS and Linux functionality
- TrueLicense or another software licensing product
- Knowledge of using VMware vSphere and VMware SDKs
- VMware Studio is a big plus
- References to previous work preferred
- Will need to sign a confidential NDA
- Speaks English well