You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Need a Java programmer who is comfortable modifying an existing application to enhance its visual appeal through animated screen elements. Familiarity with calls to Oracle databases is a plus.
We have the source code for the attached application and will share it with candidates.
The application can display three screens, full screen, a 160 x 80 simplified screen and a 80 x 80 further simplified screen.
160 x 80
1) We would like to be able to control the colors of the text elements on this screen. All three elements are pulled from an Oracle database. We would like to control each lines color information separately.
2) The animation for transitioning between a 2 digit to a 3 digit total or 3 digit to 4 etc. is awkward. We would like a better transitioning animation, perhaps with an explosion or similar high impact graphic. The same or different animation should be used every $1000. We are open to suggestions.
3) The Total should use a larger font but the font needs to scale down as the total gets bigger to ensure that a) it is centered, b) it does not impact the other text, and c) doesn't exceed the screen size.
80 x 80
This is basically the same screen as the 160 x 80 and has the same issues.
This is the full screen app and scales to any screen size. Any animations applied here also have to scale. Currently this app requires a background image called either [url removed, login to view] or couponbackground.jpg. Attached are two examples. The first works for when no coupons are selected - the second when a coupon is chosen.
1) The font for the total needs to be bigger.
2) An "odometer" effect for the total, similar to the one used on the 160 x 80 screen, needs to be developed and an animated transition between 2 digit to 3 digit or 3 to 4 etc. needs to be created. This should also possible be done every $1000 or a different attention drawing animation should be utilized.
3) When coupons are loaded it would be great to have more sophisticated wipes and transitions for their text and graphics..