Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Attention Scriptlance users, Scriptlance has been acquired by Freelancer.com! Find out more
Need a skilled Java developer to debug, fix code of and enhance an existing image web crawler. Successful completion of the following tasks is requested:
1) debug and fix a memory leak (java heap error) in the code of the crawler.
2) ever once in a while the app hangs, while memory is still available. Need to understand if this is related to the memory leak.
1) when user stops the app, subsequent restart should continue from the last scanned URL and not from the starting project URL. For example, if starting URL is amazon.com and the crawler was stopped when it was scanning http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eReader-eBook-Reader-e-Reader-Special-Offers/dp/B0051QVESA/ref=amb_link_356991982_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=browse&pf_rd_r=10CQ1DAT4KJ1GZASSBYJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1330783002&pf_rd_i=283155, the restart should begin from the last URL and not fresh from amazon.com
2) Should be able to capture and scan through relative URLs
3) When given a sub-directory as a starting point, the scan should begin from that directory inwards, and not from the main domain. For example, if bbc.co.uk/international is the starting URL, then the scan starts from there, stays/scans deeper within that directory (i.e. does not go up to bbc.co.uk or bbc.co.uk/domestic) and neither starts from bbc.co.uk
Freelancer.com (formerly GetAFreelancer, Scriptlance and vWorker/Rentacoder) is the world's largest freelancing, outsourcing and crowdsourcing marketplace for small business. Hire freelancers to work in software, writing, data entry and design right through to engineering and the sciences, sales and marketing, and accounting & legal services.
Find freelance jobs and make money online! We have freelance coders, writers, programmers, designers, marketers and more. Getting the best web design, custom programming, professional writing or affordable marketing has never been easier!
© Copyright 2013 Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)
Freelancer ® is a registered Trademark of Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)