You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Part-time Java programmer for 2 weeks
- must be online 2-3 hours / day
- uses Netbeans 6
- preferably familiar with communication with COM port
Instructions will be provided thru IM and/or email.
First task: create desktop application with the following initial features:
- "download" - downloads a text file with list of filenames
- "check" - check for available COM ports and other config definitions
- "read" - (i.e., read button is in the same row as the filename) read data stream from COM defined in the config file
- "save" - close COM port and save the data to file after closing port
- "upload" the file
- "update config" - download and update local config file
(URL is hard-coded)
- display/refresh the list(table) of all pending files --i.e., filenames that have no corresponding data yet.
- "show queue" - show files that are queued for upload.
- if config file doesn't exist, download the current config file (from specified URL)
- if unable to upload the selected file (e.g., no internet connection), the file must be added to a queue.
( Initially, all uploads and downloads will using FTP. subsequent versions may be thru webservices)