You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Bidder should take into account in his or her bidding that we have a good paragraphs sectioning code and a code which can find the best fit of two similar but scanned, so a bit shifted and rotated images. The implementation of these parts are NOT part of this projects, the refinement and changes of them ARE part of it.
Brief description of the problem:
We need to identify the position of paragraphs, text lines, words and if they are separable then letters on image files of printed text. The code should do this on two image files which has nearly the same content. When the areas has been found then we need to find all of the area pairs, one from the first image, the pair from the other etc. The two original image can be shifted and rotated a bit because they come from scanning. We also need to identify the reading order of the elements. When the image part pairs are found then the code should run a comparing routine which is basicly just calling our routine. It gives back result images. The end of the task is to compose a new whole image from the compared areas. All data should be stored in a basic DB, like Java JDK's Derby.
So we need these as a list:
(1) We have a solution which gives a good paragraphs sectioning result so we need to refine the results of it by getting more precise paragraph edges.
(2) We need to identify the lines, words and letters. The programmer can further refine our code to achieve these results. If he/she has a better solution then we can accept the implementation of it after agreement.
(3) We need to determine the reading order of the found elements/sections.
(4) We need to determine the area pairs.
(5) We need to run a ready code on area pairs and to compose new whole images from the result image parts.
(6) All data should go into a basic SQL DB.
(7) We need proper class and method header comments and some comments on the main code blocks or anywhere it is important to have a note.
If there will be a suggestion during the work how to do a better image comparing and we can agree then that part can go to an other project or it can be done for agreed bonus.
At this stage no user interface is needed, however that can be also an extension of the project.
The offered bid range is broad because the accepted bid will depend on how convincing are the bidder's reviews and what can his, her delivery contain.