Need some work done? Post a Project Today
We are looking for a Small Business User Interface team (or sole operator if you have all the skills) to create a new front end for our risk analysis web application.
The team should have at least one experienced web designer and one programmer familiar with the listed languages, frameworks and libraries.
At least one member of the team should be familiar with extracting data from databases of results and charting these in flexible ways on the site and for printing.
The team must have a member with a good working knowledge of statistics, modelling, and economics, and the ability to solve problems relevant to these domains through application of library such as scipy and numpy. Core functionality includes but is not limited to the use of probability distributions, curve fitting, monte carlo methods and present value calculations (economics) to name a few.
A high level of proficiency in the English language is required by at least one person in the team.
Status updates on progress must be provided at least every 48 hours.
Languages, Frameworks & Libraries:
(C++/C an advantage)
The application uses the Django framework, is heavily reliant on Dajax/Dajaxice,jQuery and OpenLayers, and uses PostgreSQL and PostGis as a back end.
Development of the apps core functionality nearing completion so we are ready to focus on the development of the User Interface.
Applicants should be proficient in applying the Django model-view-template approach, and jQuery interface enhacements/ajax methods. While the main focus is on presentation and styling, this will likely also require some significant modification of the app’s view and model code.
We are looking to develop the UI of the tool based on a detailed layout given to us by the client.
The tool currently has a front end laid out in a somewhat linear fashion as a series of tabs that the user works through to conduct a risk analysis.
The successful applicant will have to achieve the following:
1. Create a new navigation framework where the tool operates from a home page and the user navigates out to different pages from there based on a template created by the client.
2. Use the client's website to inform the design detain (font, colour palette etc) of the new UI
3. Convert the existing functionality of the tool to new presentational styles, for example changing where/how they are displayed (e.g. change chart types, move and/or link certain functions to different pages in the tool, change buttons style, change input method - slider to numerical input field, etc)
4. Working with members of the existing team on core aspects of the application that require changes to suit redevelopment.
I have attached three things in order to assist with the tendering process:
1. The desired UI layout from the client
2. The client's website URL so you can see how the fonts/colours of the UI should be styled. https://www.wsaa.asn.au
3. A word doc with a simple walkthrough of the tool and what it does. The tool has had a few pieces of functionality added since this document was created but it should give you some context as to what we are doing.
The successful applicant will receive:
1. A detailed set of three documents showing how each page is linked to the homepage, types of input fields and text types on each page.
2. A document showing precisely how the parts of the current UI map onto the desired layout of the UI specified by the client.
3. Access to the working application on an in-house server, and existing code base.
4. Daily support from our team in Sydney Australia to work through any issues. (Timezone: GMT + 11 - please bear timezone differences in mind if you are in Europe/Africa or the Americas)
There will be 20% bonus subject to speed of delivery.