Need some work done? Post a Project Today
You will receive XML files:
- xml with details of race stages
- xml with competitors sorted to groups
- xml for each stage, containing GPS positions of stage (every 1/10s), for track (stage shape) generating purposes. this is basically stage map.
User will choose race stage, and select cars to compare from list. Maximum number of compared cars can be set.
For each car, you will receive XML with their GPS position and speed in time, calculated for 1/10 of a second. It can be a lot of data, when considering 15 minutes stages. Data will be times from zero, when zero means start.
Flash application will have basic tools to control race comparison: start, pause, slow down or speed up. Default speed is 1:1 meaning one second of race to one second in simulation. User will see a colour DOT with number inside representing each of cars and it's numbers. Dot starts to move altogether, allowing user to see the race, who is wining where. It is not possible to see exact trace of a car on track, only it's position on pre-generated track. It's your responsibility to place the dot to nearest possible position on pre-generated track.
Another option is to "re-start" the race from any particular point of race. If user want to simulate competition from middle of track, is possible to reposition all cars to that point of a race. Your application will then simulate theoretical option - what if race would start here. Of course, with actual vehicle speeds in that position from real race, as starting speed.
A few notes:
- I would prefer a rally enthusiast to take this project, because this is its purpose - to help rally drivers and fans to compare results in nice simulations with real data we are collecting
- you might need to use interpolation for track generation - so it is smooth and nice