I would like to develop a mobile conversion website that replicates Duda Mobile functionality, with some changes. Note: There is no need for the user to log in at any stage.
The flow would be as follows:
1. I would enter the URL for the website to be converted to mobile
2. I would like the website to be converted to mobile and a preview available for me to see it in a 'standard' template format e.g. top to bottom = header at top, nav, content area, footer.
3. Customisation options should then appear so I can personalize the layout/colour scheme etc. I would also like the ability to directly edit the stylesheet with css, and have the preview update so I can see the changes take affect.
4. I would like to be able to edit the navigation, i.e remove some items, and add extra links to pages that dont appear on the desktop website version. These links will generally go to existing pages.
5. I would like to be able to add content/paragraph boxes to the home page screen
6. Once editing is complete, I can publish the new mobile website.
Embed code is provided. Would prefer not to redirect website visitors to a different URL to view mobile site, but add some script(s) to call the existing website index /home page plus additional scripts/info if viewed on a mobile device. All/majority of content should be pulled from existing website and remain dynamic. ie. if user makes changes to the about page in Wordpress, the about page on the mobile site updates as well.
Any extra data / pages that are generated in the mobilization process can be downloaded as a zip file, and uploaded to a specific folder via FTP. Scripts should link to this folder location.
7. The overall functionality should be useable regardless of the CMS (or lack of CMS) the client uses, and display as per the preview on all major handheld/smartphone devices.
I would like to use this tool primarily for in house development, but perhaps extend it for public use at some stage.
If you have any questions, please ask, or if some of the functionality (particularly the embed code option), please advise.