The EFF has developed a method of identifying the uniqueness of a browser configuration. An example of an implementation of this methodology:
EFF's PDF on the subject may be viewed here:
Functions will return the plain-text value from the EFF column entitled 'value'.
* To demonstrate that you have carefully read over the specs, please include the phrase "I have carefully read through your project requirements 3 times" in your bid.
* Any code submitted must also be mobile-compatible with at least iOS5, Android, Windows Phone 7.
* Any code submitted must be cross browser-compatible with at least IE7, Firefox 17, Chrome 23, Opera 12, and Safari 5.1.
* Each fingerprinting metric will have a separate function, which can be called independently of other functions in the script.
* An additional general function will also need to be created to translate passed values to a MD5 hash. Each fingerprinting function will call this function to return a hash of its plain-text value.