PLEASE COMMENT ON WHETHER YOU HAVE WORKED WITH PHOTOSHOP SCRIPTS OR SIMILAR BEFORE. SPAM APPLICATIONS WILL BE IGNORED. THANKS
I need a script written that will automate the processing of canon raw cr2 files in bridge and cs6. Basically the script will search for folders of images, raw convert them based on bridge labels, run cs6 scripts on them,
save them as jpegs and move folders around after processing.
IMPORTANT. It must work on cs6 32bit. If it also works on 64 bit it is a bonus but not neccessary. also the bridge labels must be carried over into the attributes of the jpeg files. I think this is done by default but needs to be checked. We will provide RAW files from canon 550d, 600d, 6d, 5d mkIII. The script should work with all these RAW files.
MORE DETAILED DESCRIPTION
We takes photos in RAW format on canon cameras (.cr2 files).
We then use adobe bridge6 to label the images using bridge's label feature. This information is stored in the associated xmp file.
We have 5 different lighting conditions we use. In "cs6 camera raw" the RAW files are converted using different camera raw xmp settings depending on the light conditions. All images in a folder are taken under same light
conditions and we add a number (1-5) to the end of the folder name to code the light condition.
Photos from a photoshoot is stored in a folder eg folder name "tuesdays morning shoot". We add a number to the end of the folder name to identify the lighting conditions used (eg add 3 for bright studio light). So the folder
will be called "tuesdays morning shoot 3"
All the folders are stored in a main folder S:/toedit
eg the main folder might contain
S:/toedit/tuesdays morning shoot 3
S:/toedit/monday shoot 3
S:/toedit/friday testing 4
S:/toedit/wait til later
The script needs to
1) Search S:/toedit for folders with numbers on the end (so "S:/toedit/wait til later" would be ignored by script.
2) Work on each folder in turn so starting with "S:/toedit/tuesdays morning shoot 3" it searches folder for RAW files with the correct labels (label 6 (select),7 (second) or 8(approved)). If RAW file has label 6,7 or 8 it
qualifies to be processed by the script.
3) Script notes that the number at end of file name is number=3
4 Script opens cs6
5) Script opens first qualifying raw file in cs6. As it is a RAW cr2 file cs6 open it in "camera raw 7.3" or similar.
6) Script applies raw xmp settings for number=3.
7) Script runs an cs action on the opened image. The action is called kydodgenew and is in action folder AutoEditActions2 eg AutoEditActions2/kydodgenew
8) After the action has run on the image, the image is saved as jpeg quality 12 and closed into S:/tododge/tuesdays morning shoot 3. Note that the script has created a folder with same name in S:/tododge
9) Script carries on opening and processing the other RAW files in the folder.
10) When all the qualifying files have been processed the S:/tododge/tuesdays morning shoot 3 folder is moved to C:/tocheck/ eg S:/tocheck/tuesdays morning shoot 3
11) The original folder S:/toedit/tuesdays morning shoot 3 is moved to R:/
12 The script then repeats process for the next folder in S:/toedit
13) When all the folder in S:/toedit with numbers at end have been processed the script closes cs
I have an ini file on the desktop called ps.ini that stores info for another script. If possible I would like this file to hold the info for the new script to. Here is the content of the ini file..
I need to be able to change the ps.ini file to alter where the folders end up eg in future I might need to change S:/tocheck to C:/dropbox/Hemel/tocheck
So the script must allow me to change these when needed.