Need some work done? Post a Project Today
PROJECT: Speed up load time on a CUSTOMIZED JA TELINE IV Joomla template from 7-10s on a T1 1.44Mbsp to 3 seconds (or better) at this connection rate.
The results I am looking for are similar to this optimization example done on a JA Purity Joomla template see: http://www.joomspot.net/how-to-speed-up-optimize-joomlas-performance.html. This example uses compression and minification of CSS / JS files and turning on Gzip and Cache within Joomla admin. Potentially this project may not require much more than putting on two settings, and using compression tools like Minify and SmartOptimizer.
I add some extensions like Community builder, Flexicontent, and others modules (Front page Slide Show, Rokajaxsearch, Hotspots) that use different Jquery versions and different mootols versions.
I tried to use JAT3 compression and optimization for CSS and JS but it's slower than don't use it ? just crazy.
I tried to use cache (general joomla cache, system cache plugin and modules when they exists) but then CB registration doesn't work(with system cache plgin enabled) or Flexicontent module doesn't work on all web browsers.
I've seen I had several call to different jqueries versions and mootols so I tried to add JB query plugin but when I use it, then some modules doesn't work or JA Mega menu or Rokajaxsearch doesn't work.
I NEED :
- To put mootools first then Jquery, to use only one versions of both when it's possible modifying extensions code to use last google librairies.
- To use all cache the more as possible
- To use Gzip and minify to be able to be compatible with IE8-9, Firefox(last version), Safari(last version), Chrome(last version) and IOS iphone Safari
- Optimize website performance to 3 seconds on a T1 1.44Mbsp (or better), show on live server
- Document all work done and list improvements made.
- Report improvements through http://www.webpagetest.org/
- Test site after optimization AND ensure site functions, renders, keeps all content and search engine friendly URLs completely the same as before optimization.
- The host server has gzip enabled.
- Info about gzip: http://betterexplained.com/articles/how-to-optimize-your-site-with-gzip-compression/
- There are Joomla site performance plugins that will automate some manual improvements and may make it faster / easier to optimize the site see: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/site-performance
- Test optimization effectiveness using tool: http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/
- Verify gZip compression: http://www.gidnetwork.com/tools/gzip-test.php
- The JA Compress Plugin see: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/site-performance/10796
- See un-customized template here: http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_nickel/index.php