You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
- We currently have over 7000 products listed in our Joomla / Virtuemart online shop.
- We are often having to update pricing on 100's of products at a time.
- Currently our Product Administrator has to edit each and every product through the web interface and this is taking up valuable time as the web interface is A, too slow and B, opening up each and every product takes time.
The requirement at this time is to edit Pricing only and it must be possible to set, Discount,VAT, and all the relevant pricing fields currently available.
I require an application - preferably a desktop app and not a web interface - that will allow us to:
- Filter the products in order to get a short list of the products that require editing.
-- Filter by either Category or Manufacturer or Name or SKU and also only part of the Name or part of the SKU (wildcard)
- The products to then be displayed in rows, where the columns are the various editable attributes and pricing parameters.
- The rows to then be editable for the relevant attribute / pricing fields.
- There must then be a "Submit" button allowing all the edited information to be commited to the backend.
- It must be possible to optionaly "Save" the information prior to posting. The reason for this is that should there not be an internet connection present at the time of wanting to "Submit" then it must be possible to "Submit" at a later stage once a internet connection is present.
- Another scenario for optionally being able to "Save" the information prior to posting is that the user may wish to filter / download all the products that require pricing updates, and then work offline / offsite. Once they return to the office or get back "online" they can then submit the changes again.
The most important thing is that it must be to pull the required / filtered / selected products to be edited offline i.e. not rely on a permanent internet connection to do the edits. Must not be editing the database directly / live - only when "submitting"
The application must honour and apply the pricing when setting:
Product Price (Net):
Product Price (Gross):
The above to fields must auto update each other i.e. if you enter a price in the NET field it must auto update the GROSS amount - user must be able to see this auto update in the application.
When inserting a discount price, the application must automatically update the "Discount Type" field. User must not be required to manually select or edit the "Discount Type" field.
It must be possible to add additional fields to edit in a future project.
The above sounds like a lot of requirements, but actually it should be quite a simple straight forward application.
When quoting for the above please specify which programming language you intend using for the desktop application.