You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We require a talented Android/Embedded Devices hacker to create a deployable "Ubuntu Touch" image for our device. You already have an established history of developing custom Android images/recovery images/bootloaders, and experience with embedded devices. Contributions to the Android Open Source community will be viewed favourably. Ideally, you have ported cwm, twrp, or cm to a new device already.
The platform is a the Action Semiconductors "ATM7029" (Cortex A9).
Device currently runs Android 4.1.1, and is not locked (root access is available).
You will be provided with one sample device, which must be returned to us at the closure of the project.
* restore.img image to bootstrap the Ubuntu installation process
* Images and scripts required to deploy Ubuntu to existing Android tablets
* Images of the internal flash memory required to deploy Ubuntu to new, clean, devices.
Additional Project Description:
03/20/2013 at 17:44 IST
In your response, you MUST detail:
1. Your experience with embedded development
2. A brief outline for how you expect to complete this project