A Consultant performs on site delivery and implementation of Linux, Open Source and Network related (F5, Cisco) products and offerings for the Professional Services organization of roZoom. They are expected to have strong technical and communication skills, experience with enterprise wide deployments and a record of successful projects. They focus on delivering quality work resulting in positive customer satisfaction, while building breadth and depth of technical expertise in one or more Open Source and Networking technologies. Their goal is to gain an understanding of the customer's infrastructure & business issues and make recommendations appropriate to the customer's environment.
* Routinely assess, design, and implement Open Source core service offerings including but not limited to Red Hat Satellite, RHEV, MRG, Cloud AWS/Rackspace, Virtualization, High Performance Computing and Grid.
* Provide written project documentation that can be distributed within roZoom and the client management team.
* Timely notification of any deviation of time and expense incurred on a project from the original SOW.
* Bring innovative ideas, enthusiasm, and energy to the project team while identifying new business opportunities.
* Demonstrate considerable judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Constantly learn about new technologies and apply those concepts to customers needs.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Experience with enterprise wide deployments.
* Advanced knowledge of Linux kernel internals, including performance tuning experience, troubleshooting, bug fix updates and core builds.
* Advanced knowledge of system management, clustering and storage management, virtualization and directory server.
* Demonstrated experience communicating value, progress,and metrics of key projects to required stakeholders and diverse audiences.
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication and customer management skills.
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or ability to complete within 30 days of hire.
* Willingness and ability to travel 100% to perform job duties.