Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Joomla or Wordpress (or maybe alternative CMS) is used for a company intranet.
Main requested features of end system are:
- Design/layout is not very important.
- Design/layout: front page: navigation option (menu or... at top or left - or both with submenu), all pages must show logo in header. content in main window.
- Users are going to create the content. Not programmers.
- Fine grained control of who can change what regions of the intranet site. Only a few users will actively add content. If system can use underlying Linux account info it would be nice, but this is not a must.
- Must have calendar where events can be entered / added thru login.
- Must have option of adding photos/graphics and video to pages in system.
- Must have option of posting news on front page.
- Must have an option of creating TODOs in a TODO system. Users should be capable of adding private TODOs and public TODOs (two categories is sufficient). When a task is due, system sends email to user (using sendmail, or alternative but compatible MTA).
- Must have option of uploading files to system (libre office, graphics etc ...) and link to them from pages.
- Revision control sounds nice, but is not a fixed requirement.
- Backup of content must be easy (taking SQL database offline is acceptable). Backup periodically two times a day: morning and midday. And backup on request.
Proposed work stages:
1. Recommend CMS: Wordpress or Joomla, or a third alternative.
Recommendation includes: CMS, underlying SQL and webserver, and plugins / addons to meet requirements.
- Recommendation is reviewed by project poster, and a decision is made.
2. Create recipe for installing the selected CMS on Ubuntu.
A very detailed recipe is created for how to install the CMS on latest Ubuntu server edition (long life time edition). This includes every command and/or mouse click is recorded (no long lyrics, just navigation of how to create system). Basically this means that freelancer does this on his own machine and records all steps to install system, all steps required to tailor CMS to meet the requirements.
- The recipe is reviewed by project poster by actually redoing this on target machine.
3. Modifications to system.
This includes optionally change of plugins/addons.
And maybe minor modifications.
4. Backup system is described and tested.
Additional Project Description:
02/16/2013 at 0:28 CET
Attached is a description of the wanted menu system.