You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I have Linux machine (Slackware 13.1) with squid as proxy server. Client machines connected to a Windows domain use Squid with Basic authentication to have access to the Internet. Squid checks userid/password against the LDAP server with the squid_ldap_auth helper.
All works fine, but the problem is that users are required to enter their credentials in the web browser too. So, I want to switch to NTLM, to take profit of the Single Sign On capability and avoid users to enter them again.
I have installed and compiled Samba 4.0.2 but I'm stuck trying to set it up correctly, and I cannot join the Windows domain, and keep getting the error "Unable to find a suitable server for domain ...".
What I need it is someone to work remotely on my machine to:
- set up samba to join the Windows domain (net rpc join ...)
- test successfully winbdd (wbinfo -t)
- test successfully winbdd user authentication (wbinfo -a ...)
- test successfully Samba's ntlm_auth helper (basic mode only, from the command line)
- configure squid.conf to use ntlm
- test successfully internet access with single sign on, on a Windows client machine in the domain
I need NOT to create any user/password files on the linux machine.
The whole process must be repeated successfully by me on a clean machine and the result must, of course, be the same.
The payment will be released after a successful completion of all the above points.