The GTeam DBA will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and functionality of multiple databases as we migrate applications to new platforms. This is a challenging position in a fast-paced environment. Some of the things that a GTeam DBA would be required to do include exploring a new databases for a new products, developing and implementing plans to migrate those databases, determining obstacles to those goals and overcoming them.
As a GTeam DBA you would work with a team of intelligent, motivated people from all over the world with the common goal of implementing the newest technology.
To qualify for this position, you must have:
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience with the Linux Operating System
- Experience installing and configuring database software on Windows and Linux platforms
- Detailed understanding of rdbms concepts such as relationships, indexing, storage requirements, etc.
- Knowledge of database character sets, collations, etc.
- Experience backing up and restoring databases
- Thorough understanding of database datatypes
- Experience in unload and load data methods supported by various databases
- Knowledge of coding sub programs like stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers, etc.
It would be a plus if you are also familiar with:
- Sybase ASE
- User and security management in databases - creating users, roles, assigning privileges, etc.
- ETL tools like Kettle, CloverETL, others
- Version control software like Subversion
- Automation of any of the above
This is a full-time position, open only to candidates living in the United States, paying $30/hour (with a $1200 fixed-price payment for a trial job if that trial leads us to hire you).
We work with you through one of several approved staffing and payment platforms which will charge a percentage fee on your gross earnings. For United States citizens and permanent residents, your net pay will be $24/hour to cover the cost of W-2 processing.
Additional Project Description:
06/12/2013 at 21:03 AKDT