You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I've an application running under linux and now it's necessary to rewrite/modify it for multithreading. I don't know which information is required for you to place a bid so please post questions and I'll try to specify inputs.
Additional Project Description:
03/26/2013 at 15:16 EET
I got too many similar questions from different experienced developers. Unexperienced ones just hunt for money))) They don't care about the nature of the project. How could you decide on a bid without understanding of the scope?))) Please, do not bother me anymore. The text below is for other respected professional developers)
So, let me provide additional information which is required for proper understanding of the project and relevant bids.
1. Project description.
Application processes audio streams and automatically detects ads within them. Ads to recognize are defined set but can be changed dynamically.
2. Technical details.
Application works on Linux system, doesn't matter which flavour, currently (and preferably) Ubuntu. Radio streams are available through mono PCM16 format (currently through named pipes).
Algorithm is based on frequency analysis. First part of algorithm is initial data processing. Given a portion of data Fast Fourier Transformation is performed to get frequencies present in these stream. To enhance detection accuracy filters are applied. Second part is detection based on Hidden Markov Model.
4. Processing scheme (refer to the attached image).
Stream Reader handles data reading from external sources. This module handles data partitioning (into windows).
Data Processor handles all processing done on single window needed before data go to Classifier. This includes frequency analysis and all further processing.
Classifier is responsible for ads detecting. It should use common HMM Model shared among all threads. Decision is send to Data Collector when it is made.
Data Collector gathers decisions from all classifiers and stores them in text file (or database).
For each radio stream there should be one single processing thread.
5. Currently the single thread app is done and working, I can provide the awarded developer with the complete source code (Netbeans project), access to a collection of streams and ads (for the testing purposes)
6. What should be done
- Multithreaded architecture should be implemented.
- Application should allow adding new and removing old ads during runtime.
- Application should allow adding new and removing old streams during runtime.
- It's highly desirable to post results into database (MySQL will be sufficient). Currently the output is stored within txt file.
Should you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me through PM