- Experience with lens design
- Optical engineering
- LED lighting
- Electronic wiring / assembly
- Zemax / MATLab
- Home modifications / do it yourself applications
- High-level or Native English speaking
- Extremely detail oriented
- References and/or work examples
- Review and analysis of technical requirements for project
- Produce a solid, detailed technical design and feasibility proposal
We are looking for a talented Optical engineer with experience in lighting, optical & lens design who will be responsible for the design, building and testing of our project.
The project is to design and build a custom lens adpater that will be used as a portable intra-oral camera for limited jaw movement patients. The adapter should be used in an existing capture device such as the Iphone 4/5 or GoPro camera or equivalent. I am flexible on what the capture device will be (a bullet-type style camera, iphone 4/5 or GoPro).
A camera with the current resolution for this purpose does not exist. There are many intra-oral cameras and snake/inspection cams however all are low resolution or the high resolution cameras are missing LEDs or a short focus distance and wide angle.
The requirements are the following:
* Device itself (iphone, gopro, bullet cam) needs to record 1080p @ 30fps ideally H.264 at high bitrate
* Lens extension should be orally insertable so appropriate diameter
* Lens can be based in Century Optics iPro, Olloclip or similar
* Lens has to be ultra wide angle to capture the most area as well as autofocus at a short focal length. No zoom is required.
* Daylight white LEDs or illuminated ring built around the lens powered by phone or external battery
* Body should be waterproof and without sharp/hard edges to ensure patient safety.
Similar devices as a design idea but they do not match our requirements: