You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Create an Android app that connects via bluetooth to an OBD2 ELM327 plug and reads car data in real time.
This is really simple and should not take very long. The main feature here is to be able to connect to the OBD plug via BT and read basic data - only RPM in real time
Few exmaples of OBD2 Bluetooth plugs. The app should work with all these:
Example of similar apps (with much more functionality than I need):
and many more. search obd2 on google play
List of OBD2 PIDs here:
Here is what the app should do:
1. open the app
2. app checks if its already paired with an OBD2 plug. if yes - go to step 5
3. if not - bring up a popup window listing all BT devices and asking to pair
4. prompt user for BT pin if needed
5. start reading rpm data from obd plug every 0.5 second and present on screen
6. place a "close app" button under RPM data (i will provide a mockup)
code should be well documented and clear.
Final delivery should be a working apk and full source code.
I will pay only when you show me you can connect to the obd plug. First milestone should be a simple proof of concept where you show you can connect and read basic car data. I dont care what it is just show you can do it.
Graphics and UI is not important for me at this point. You can use all default Android UI. I just want to see this working
Should work on all Android versions 2.2 and above
***This is a small project. You should bid at the LOWER END of the range. I have a limited budget***