I need to create an application for Android that simulates a newsstand similar to the ones found on iOS.
- The application should run on tablets and phones.
- It should be able to read a json that contains a thumbnail and get the edition from an hpub (which is a zip)
- The look should be similar to the one the iOS newsstand
- Should notify the user when a new magazine is up
- It should work offline if the edition has been downloaded
- No need to implement a paid version, all the downloads should be free
- Should be able to run editions build on laker http://www.lakercompendium.com/
You can take a look at Baker for iOS bakerframework.com, several attempts have been made to recreate on Android the Baker experience but it only includes one edition and it needs to be reuploaded everytime something changes www.friarframework.com but can work as a foundation.