You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Occupy Oakland Tactical App (Android): (see attached simple concept pic)
Utilizing our most modern selection of cellular phone software and hardware while in the streets during actions/protests and under police attack here at Occupy Oakland we need an application that has everything instantaneously and basically all on one screen. Fumbling around on a cell phone to different apps while tear gas is popping and flash bangs are exploding can be a bit nerve racking. For large coordinated actions we want to be able to have a "command center" that transmits vital stats, streams and news to our people on the ground in realtime. A designated command center would operate the Twitter feeds, live stream selections and communicate instructions and status updates. The preferences windows should be able to allow the user to sign up under one unified command source or set the PRIMARY ELEMENT variables as they want to (or could be hybrid because each elemental area can have two designated accounts/streams/views).
MENU BAR: (see attached simple concept pic)
01. Left: OPERATIONAL STATUS BRIEF (to be fed live data from command station)
02. Right: Standard Phone Stats (wireless, cellular, battery, time)
THREE PRIMARY ELEMENTS: (see attached simple concept pic)
01. Left Half Primary Area is a Twitter Feed
02. Right Upper Quarter is a Live Video Stream (UStream, LiveStream, etc.)
03. Right Lower Quarter is a Google Map
BOTTOM SLIDERS: (V)OLUME & (B)RIGHTNESS: (see attached simple concept pic)
ENLARGEMENT OF PRIMARY ELEMENTS: (see attached simple concept pic)
– In the streets and in actions that span many hours we want the user to be able to turn down the screen brightness at will in order to save battery power as needed.
– In street actions the noise can get very high. We want to be able to increase or decrease the volume. (This may also tie in with usage of a Blue Tooth ear piece.)
– Each of the PRIMARY ELEMENTS can be enlarged to fit full screen at any time by double tapping that element.
– Conversely double tapping any full screen enlarged element scales it back down into place as before (as in attached pic).
FLIPPING EACH ELEMENT: (SWITCHING ELEMENT SOURCE ACTUALLY ANIMATES THE FLIP OF THE ELEMENT ON THE SCREEN)
– Each element has two streams/accounts/views: swipe horizontally across any PRIMARY ELEMENT to switch to a different stream/account/view. TWITTER: can have two account windows... flippable. LIVE VIDEO STREAM: can have two streams going... flippable. GOOGLE MAP: can possibly be (1) map mode (2) satellite mode... flippable.
– Some type of preference window will have to be established to designate feed for PRIMARY ELEMENTS or allow the designation of PRIMARY ELEMENTS to come directly from a Command Center (in real time). Basically "manual control" or "command control". Open to established each state of each PRIMARY ELEMENT separately (EXAMPLE: STREAM A could be set manually and STREAM B could be a Command Designation.
– When Twitter window is enlarged it should also have the ability to hit a Tweet button and we would get a horizontal lower half screen android keyboard.
– Audio of VIDEO STREAM is always from the showing stream.
–Is it possible to have a "Command Center" designate custom icons of different colors onto a Google Map? For example: to show where lines of police are being reported? (in real time of course and updates on the field user map)
– Should we make the resolution only for phones capable of 800x480 and above?
– Any other greats ideas for this app?!?!
REALLY HOPING TO GET SOME POSSIBLE REALLY LOW COST GREAT DEVELOPMENT OR VOLUNTEER WORK TO HELP THE OCCUPY MOVEMENT. THANKS.