You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
The views are designed. The drawables are loaded into the project. The functionality is flowcharted out. Now, we need you to program it to make this app come to life.
We are looking for a Java developer to wire up an Android app. You tell us the timeframe and price.
At New Nine Media, we have too much work and not enough hands on deck. Our clients range from the one-man fishing charter to some of the largest companies in the world. We need someone we can rely on to get this project done for us. "Right" is more important than "quickly" but it'd be nice to have both.
This is a relatively "small" app in terms of views and user functionality, but it's got some big back-end functionality (oAuth account creation / login, Google App Engine services, GPS broadcast receivers, etc - see details).
We won't blow smoke up your (nose) and promise tons of future work, but we can say that we're looking for someone we can rely on for future projects when our clients needs arise.
It's okay to ask questions - fire away.
Specific functionality includes:
* create user account with authenticator, and allow FB & Twitter
* gps location on launch and throughout (periodic intervals)
* post to Google Datastore w/geohash (and other info)
* query geohash based on user-defined distance, receive from Google Datastore, and load into list
* gps broadcast receiver w/ Datastore query and low-priority notifications
* fragments for various device layouts
You will be responsible for the Java programming and have the freedom (pending our ultimate approval) to structure the Datastore documents as needed to achieve our desired functionality. We will give you the flowcharts, layouts, and drawables.
* You must sign a NDA.
* You must have a Github account as all code/updates must be added to our private repository nightly.
* Phonegap and Sencha etc (ie, web apps) are NOT acceptable. This must be a native Android app.
* You must use Eclipse (sorry, we can't yet get behind Android Studio yet)
* You must be available by phone during normal business hours (central time), though you aren't expected to necessarily work 9-5 on this (read: yeah, you're a part-time evening programmer - that's okay, but you have to be able to perhaps have a quick chat while on lunch at your regular job)
* You must be located in the US
* You must have a strong command of English and your code and comments must be in English
* We'd love to have this work on Gingerbread, but will accept ICS-only if backwards compatibility will make our app bloat up or slow down considerably.
* We'll have more work for the contractor who successfully completes this project (our "go-to" guy or gal), including an immediate next project in the pipeline
OS version for Android:
Maybe Android OS 2.3 (Gingerbread),
Definitely Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Development of graphic design and UI elements:
We will provide the all assets.
Duration of post production support:
If your code is well-commented and clean, little to none unless you want the opportunity. Otherwise, we'd like to get you moving to the next project.
If you also program for iOS, Windows, python, and/or (ugh) Blackberry, that's not a requirement but it's definitely a plus. Please let us know!