You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
At Girl Guides of Canada, our girls engage in quality programming to develop skills, learn new things and make friends. They earn badges by completing various program activities. For example, a girl may earn a camping badge if she helps plan and participate in an overnight camping trip. The girls are led by adult volunteers called Unit Guiders, who organize and facilitate the group's activities week to week. Currently, Unit Guiders keep track of these activities completed and badges awarded either by hand or by using an excel document. This is time-consuming and leaves more room for error.
We would like to develop an application that can help Unit Guiders track the activities of their units and plan weekly activities.
Type of application development required:
1. An online tracking feature for activities and badges - the description of the activities will already be input into the application. Unit Guiders can tick off the activities that were completed by each girl. The application will automatically calculate how much of the program each girl has completed. This will help the Guider plan future activities as she will know what else needs to completed for the girls to earn their badges.
2. Multi-user platform - multiple administrators can access the account. All members of the units can view the account
3. Shared online calendar - this will help the Guider to plan weekly activities and let the unit know what is coming up
4. The ability to send emails to the unit
5. Badge inventory management - the Guider can keep track of how many badges need to be awarded and what badges she needs to order for her unit