You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We are looking for a Mobile Developer with OCR and HTML5 / Native experience.
We would like to build an iPhone and Android app that will recognize labels on products and provide a "immediate". Creation of an app with supporting backend db/server, to demonstrate he functionality specified below.
1. Use handheld camera for capture and integrate OCR code, transfer extracted data to server (ideally extract text locally for optimized recognition speed performance). Products label format on products are fairly similar.
2. Using the data/name retrieved by OCR, conduct a database lookup on our server based on 3 different criteria and accurately identified the product. Depending on accuracy of OCR, provide a list of closest selection to select.
=> Looking at least over an 75% accuracy on recognition
3. If name cannot be extracted offer a manual entry screen for manual search
4. If items is new and cannot be found in DB provide a possibility to enter new product manually and upload to server reduced full picture for validation
5. Display the final result on the phone display (in less than 10 second from capture)
- Hosting of the backed supporting infrastructure on to enable the demonstrations (3 scenarios : display rating, manual search entry, new entry with upload)
- Simple UI without design implemented
- Simple web access to manage DB and potential new products
- Requests logging requests for future data analysis
- Ideally Phonegap; And PHP for server.
More details on request