Port our Android app (Java) to iPhone. The application allows the user to take a picture, select their geographical location and enter some data into a form. These pieces of data are then queued and submitted to our back-end server when it is available. Source code to Android app and a video tutorial for the app will be provided upon acceptance of bid.
We are looking for a professional quality port, and will be evaluating bids based upon high-quality past work and a clear reading and understanding of our requirements. While price will play a role in our decision, we are looking for a high-quality app delivered on time and with a professional level of polish – if you can do this, don’t worry if there are cheaper bids than yours!
The port to iPhone should be functionally identical to the Android app, including error messages, general design elements and performance. Detail of all APIs can be provided (and use samples will be in source code provided). The app may use native iOS-style buttons and icons.
The application has these main screens:
• Login/account creation. Validates with our server via HTTP; account creation sends the user to a web page
• Creation screen. Three tabs:
• Photos. Can add from camera; add from folder; delete. Tab shows thumbnails of photos already taken
• Location selection. The user is shown a map with a pushpin in their GPS location – they can select a different location if they wish (just click-to-select, no search). They can zoom in and out of the map and scroll it. Right now we are using Google Maps for this functionality but you may use Bing or Apple Maps as long as functionality is replicated
• Upload screen. When a report is completed, it is queued and an upload is attempted. The upload screen shows pending reports (thumbnail of the first photo, and the date and time of the report) and attempts to upload them. If it fails or the user postpones the upload, it will be attempted again when the app is next loaded
While having the app work in both landscape and portrait mode would be great, we really only need portrait.
The application’s look and feel (buttons; icons; colours; fonts) must mimic the Android app as closely as possible. We can provide original artwork materials where necessary. The app will regularly be used in an offline scenario so please bear in mind that we will be testing extensively around that functionality. The application must run on iPhones 4, 4s, and 5 and iOS5 and iOS6. Ability to run on iPad is not essential but would certainly encourage us to leave a nice tip.
We will be performing exhaustive testing on the application as delivered – please remember to factor bug-fixing into your bid!