You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We are an automotive test facility; we currently have an internally developed Windows Mobile 5/6 application for controlling our SoMat eDAQ data loggers. We have the source code and are currently seeking a contractor to re-write the application to be compatible with newer technology such as Android, iOS, and/or HTML5. Our design target is a 7” Tablet such as the Google Nexus although we would like to have the ability to run on smart phones or 10” tablets as well. Code should be documented.
Here is an overview of the current functionality:
• Current App runs on Dell Axim PDA, Win mobile 5/6
• App Sends HTTP commands to our SoMat eDAQ Data Loggers
• Our Data Loggers have a webserver and respond to HTTP commands (We have the API)
• Operator input configuration window to define unique test variables such as project number, test configuration, operator…
• User selects test events to be performed from a pick list (List is currently defined in an XML file)
• App Keeps a record of “successful” or “unsuccessfully” test passes in a CSV log file and on the display
In addition to recreating our current functions, we have some additional functionality we would like to have incorporated. These may be more advanced and may be evaluated on a per-item basis:
• GPS speed displayed with tenth of mile per hour resolution, polled from smart device internal GPS
• Upload data from data logger based on “successful” runs only. (API defines how to initiate a parsed upload with HTTP command)
• Allow user to pick several Data Channels from data logger to display on screen. (API defines how to parse streaming data from data logger)
• Potential for user to choose, move or resize graphical components on the screen
A slide show is attached showing the current application and the last screen shows a concept of the new layout on a tablet.
Additional Project Description:
04/25/2013 at 17:31 EDT
I will also note that this mobile application is designed specifically for our in-house needs, we do not need for this to be made available in any market places.
05/02/2013 at 15:35 EDT
A personalized response acknowledging our specific project needs will be most helpful. Please do your best to highlight your development experiences and expertise as specifically related to our unique development project. Thank you.