Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Attention Scriptlance users, Scriptlance has been acquired by Freelancer.com! Find out more
We want to develop and iPhone application for our company. It should have the ability to interact with other Social Media platforms in order to further engage our customers. We have the concept, and we are looking for an app developer(s) to build and implement our ideas at full scale.
The app will allow our clients to gain access to all sorts of information regarding our products, educational literature, and how-to's/FAQ. Upon opening the app, users can choose to create a new account or login using Facebook/Twitter. The app will have four main components(tabs):
1. Profile – First time users will create a new profile and will be prompted to answer questions about their hair type, texture, condition, etc. This information will be stored and used to personalize the app to the user.
2. News Feed – Users will be able to view a feed containing all our Facebook and Twitter posts in one place.
3. Lunar Calendar – This is the heart of the app. Users will be able to see a lunar calendar displaying the dates for optimal cutting based on filters .Ultimately, we will want to be able to have users click on different categories which will in turn highlight different days on the calendar. e.x. category 1, category 2, etc. We want to be able to update this calendar on a monthly basis. The design/colors of the calendar will be sent to you via a photoshop document and it is your job to code it and make it have the functionalities we are looking for. The calendar will highlight days based on what categories they choose, they will have the option to select multiple categories. Also some days may have special notes attached to them, we want to be able to update these easily. Please add your response/ideas for this feature since it is an vital part of our application.
4. Articles – Users can see an archive of all the articles posted on our Wordpress-based site. Users can also comment on articles and share via Facebook or Twitter.
5. More - We are not quite sure what we will be including in this part of the app but it will most likely include: featured links, recommended products, gallery.
Refer to the attached storyboard for the layout and functionality of the app. This is a rough draft, and the theme/style of the app will be designed by us. We have an in-house graphic designer who will be able to design and produce all graphics needed. We have the concept and user interface designed, we simply need an App developer to program and build our design and concept. In your message please specify what format you will need these graphics in and if there are any limitations? We would like to take advantage of the iPhone 4's retina display so please advise us of any guidelines we must follow to produce the highest quality possible. Also we do not have the artwork ready, will you be able to begin a generic version and then add the artwork later?
As of right now we would like to keep all the user information stored within the application, but be able to access it and save on to our server through a future update. However, we may be able to provide a server if necessary. Can you advise us as to what would be the best choice? Will having the app access our database have a large impact on our website?
We also want to make sure the app is very well planned (programming wise) out on your end in case we decide to add additional features down the road. We don't want to have quick fixes to bugs that will become an issue in future versions. Some of the options we have in mind for future updates is the ability to:
1. Have sound effects
2. Have animations - what format do we need to have these in?
3. Can utilize camera
Would any of the above features be an issue?
When bidding, please ensure you can complete all of the specifications above. In a private message also include:
1. A breakdown of your pricing structure. Including initial, midpoint, and final payments.
2. How many team members will work on the project?
3. What is your policy on fixing any bugs after the app is released?
4. If we want to make updates or improvements in the future, what is your hourly rate?
5. Guidelines for the graphics and artwork (see paragraph above)
6. Will you be providing the source code or are you only giving us the final application?
7. Are there any special services that you can offer for this job that will ensure top quality?
Freelancer.com (formerly GetAFreelancer, Scriptlance and vWorker/Rentacoder) is the world's largest freelancing, outsourcing and crowdsourcing marketplace for small business. Hire freelancers to work in software, writing, data entry and design right through to engineering and the sciences, sales and marketing, and accounting & legal services.
Find freelance jobs and make money online! We have freelance coders, writers, programmers, designers, marketers and more. Getting the best web design, custom programming, professional writing or affordable marketing has never been easier!
© Copyright 2013 Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)
Freelancer ® is a registered Trademark of Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)