We need an iphone and droid app that will play a video when the mobile phone user scans a product. It should work as follows (general description):
- Store owners will register on a website and upload the barcodes for their products along with text, images and video relating to the product.
Mobile phone user
- Users will download the mobile app (including answering some simple demographic info)
- When they are in the store they will scan a barcode of a product they are interested in
- The scanned barcode number will be used to identify the product (by matching the barcode number with the barcode numbers input by the store owners into the website data base)
- then the app will present the mobile user with a screen that shows a product description (text and images) and gives them the ability to click on additional images and play up to 3 videos about the product (video will be hosted on YouTube embedded into our site / app).
- we will charge the store owner a fee per scan (by mobile phone users) so we will need an online billing system that calculates the number of scans and charges the store owner.
- we need to be able to track and list the specific products that were scanned by each user and present statistics that show mobile phone user activity to the store owner. The store owner will also receive contact info of the customer.
- we will need to be able to see all usual user statistics and customer communication (number of users, ability to email users, breakdown by category, etc).
Let me know what you think this will cost for each of iphone and droid separately and the time frame. We can create a more detailed scope before we start.