PV Theme Builder
Many of the manufacturer’s channel partners would like to customize the interface, but don't know how. We propose to build an application that would allow people with very little web development or design knowledge to build 'themes' or similar that would allow them to personalize web pages for their clients.
We have no direct relationship with the manufacturer other than being a reseller and integrator of their products. This project is in no way associated with the manufacturer, although everything herein is in line with their policies and no copyrights will be broken by development of this application.
The product has an AJAX interface delivered via a series of .aspx web pages. There are some left over .asp utility pages from a previous version of the product, but these may be outside the scope of this project.
The goal would be to allow an inexperienced user to:
• Create (or choose from an existing library of) customized colour palettes that could mimic a client’s own logo/corporate colour schemes
o Once a colour palette is created, this should be able to be saved for re-use
o Ideally the user could choose from a standard colour palette, or enter values (RGB/HTML codes)
o Optionally, the user might enter a website (their client’s website) and the app would pull back a corresponding colour palette from the site’s own CSS
• Add corporate logos and change product naming/titling
o There is plenty of dead space on the application interface where the user could add their own company logo, or their client’s logo
o Additionally the product name could be changed or customized for clients
• Fonts could be customized
• Terminology, potentially, could be customized
• Existing application icons or icon sets could be customized
• RSS or Twitter-based marketing feeds could be added to dead space so the user can market their own additional products and services
• Additional product information could be added to sections of the application
Additional requirements are as follows:
• The application would leave the manufacturer’s logo and copyright information intact, as required by the manufacturer’s EULA
• While preview templates could be created and saved, as a sales tool for users, the application would require some licensing mechanism to ensure that any installed sites were paid for appropriately
• The application only needs to run on Windows 7 or better – the sites themselves may be hosted on Windows Server 2003, but the customization application does not need to run on the server level
• All rights to the finished application would be owned entirely by our company, and we would also own all the source code and have it at our disposal
• We will test the application on a series of existing client sites, including the manufacturer’s own hosted version of the application.
So, in essence, we’re looking to develop a ‘dummies’ site editing tool for a particular product – sort of a content management/editing tool for one particular set of web pages.
The product would not be a one-off, as the core product is still actively being developed and changing over time (in fact I would expect an HTML5 version of the product to be released in the coming years, w3hich may require a re-write), so future work would be required and I’d prefer to partner with one developer over the product lifecycle.
I can provide the entire site as a ZIP file, or provide a link to a hosted version of the website if that is deemed sufficient for a developer to put forward a quote.