This job is to develop an application for customers to Check Prices tru Price Checker/ Verifier Unit.
This is the unit
This is how the application will work:
1) as application starts it will start scanner on unit (using the SDK and or API, see below...)
2) Customer will scan the Item at the unit’s scanner
3) Application will check if the UPC scanned is stored in our database.
4) If UPC is found, Display Product Description and You Pay $xx.xx
5) If sale price is set and date is active, display Regular price: $xx.xx sale Price: $xx.xx Case Price: $xx.xx
6) If UPC not found display: Item xxxxxxxxx (upc scanned) Not Found
We are using Advantage DB server.
I attached a copy of our product file where the Items and UPCs are stored
Here you could download a good tool to access the table:
Options we need in the program:
1) The screen layouts for the Price Checker unit should be designed thru XSLT.
2) Program should look on server in a specific directory for a file called "close.all" if it finds this file it should close the database connection and come up with a message "System Being Updated" (setting on server side for exact message) and then when the close.all file is deleted it should reopen connection and work again again
3) While waiting for scan display on screen “Please Scan Your Item” (setting on server side for exact message).
4) A settings for Server address and ports (on client side)
5) Setting how long to display the price message (setting on server side)
The application should be developed with the SDK so program will turn on scanner.
You could download the SDK from here:
http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=12202&sliceId=&dialogID=220460253&stateId=1 0 220454581
Or you could download Datawedge API for scanner from here:
Download the attached Product file.
We will need all source code when job is completed and paid.
Any question feel free to ask.