Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Objective – To provide our customers with a simple and effective data transfer tool that allows for flexible product growth and development in the future.
Requirements – Feature list we expect to see in the product.
- Ability to copy, compress and transfer data from one windows-based system to another server via SFTP concurrently.
- Ability to encrypt the files to be transferred. Will remain encrypted until customer requests for us to deliver them back to their machine.
- The ability to perform this operation while running in the background (or tray), without human interaction once preferences are configured.
- Ability to select which folder(s) the tool compresses and transfer (a copy) of the data from.
- Ability to select the time at which these concurrent operations occur. I.e. daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly.
- A dynamic tray icon that changes to indicate when the tool is compressing and uploading.
- Ability to retrieve the latest data from the server in its compressed format. The tool does not necessarily have to be able to do this. The ability to provide our customers with FTP/SFTP credentials for their download capabilities is another option.
- Some form of SequraNet branding, whether it be a splash image when the tool is executed, or a tray version of our logo.
Requests – Features we would like to see in the tool, however to keep costs down these ideas became options.
- Clean, sharp UI that matches our color scheme. Compression / Upload status bar when UI is opened.
- Logs (likely a simple .txt or html file) of all operations performed by the tool.
- Pop-up window with countdown when compression and / or transfers are ready to occur. Option to pause, delay, or skip.
- Ability to check for updates and perform updates itself.
- Brief splash image/logo in center of screen when tool is executed each time.
Compatability – Operating Systems our software must fully function on.
- x32-Bit Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8. Windows Server 2003(All versions), Windows Server 2008(All versions), Windows Server 2008R2(All versions).
- x64-Bit Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8. Windows Server 2003(All versions), Windows Server 2008(All versions), Windows Server 2008R2(All versions), Windows Server 2012(All versions).
Support and Communication – What we expect from you before the project is considered complete.
- We would appreciate occasional insight into the development of the tool (screenshots, or even just an email with some information). To confirm your team is heading in the direction we had in mind.
- Once received we will test the tool in a number of environments to ensure its compatibility before distribution to our customers. This will only take 1-2 business days.
- If we have any concerns or run into any errors during testing we expect professional communication to achieve a solution.
Compensation and Future Work – This is our preference, however it is negotiable.
Our preferred payment option would be broken into thirds, using USD. When ready to begin development on the project, 33.33 percent of the agreed price will be paid. Upon delivery of the product, another 33.33 percent will be paid. Once testing is completed (1-2 business days). The final 33.33 percent will be paid.
The market this product will be developed for is enormous, and largely unsaturated. We are entering this market because a remarkable number of our clients and prospective clients have requested such a tool. Weary of entering the IT and liability market however, our funders have been cautious with our startup capital, evident by the limited initial capabilities of this client. Once positive cash flow is occurs, we are confident capital will no longer be an issue, and software development will become our primary focus. It is very likely whoever provides this initial product, will receive thousands of more dollars of work in the coming fiscal year.