You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I need an ASP.NET project (source and all non-standard references/dlls etc to be able to compile) to perform the following tasks:
1) Have a file import button/field: This will take an excel spreadsheet (.xlsb format) and copy it to the server
2) Import each row from the spreadsheet into a MS-SQL Server table with the same name, using .NET and System.Data.OleDb to read from the spreadsheet.
3) Have error trapping with user-friendly error messages for points of failure.
4) A message upon successful completion of the import.
5) SQL create-table script and any stored procedures you write for the process (though in-line sql in code is fine, too)
This is a function that will be performed 8 or 10 times a day by a non-technical person, so it needs to be simple and user friendly.
Visual Studio 2010, Framework 4.0 preferred. Earlier versions can be used and I can convert here, but VS 2010 is preferred.
MS-SQL Server 2008 is our database back-end, but the SQL for INSERTS and the like is fairly generic and so the version you develop on shouldn't really matter.
It doesn't matter if you use C# or VB.NET.
After testing and acceptance, I will be converting the application to work with our master-client page setup here, so minimal design elements are preferred.
I know the task can be done with fancy ajax/web-service based progress bars and the like. I also know it can be done very simply. I prefer simple.
A sample spreadsheet and description of fields will be provided, as well as information on primary keys, etc. Please design a database schema that will accommodate those fields.
Please provide working, bug free code. Due to security concerns and NDA agreements we have with clients, you will not be able to log into, work at, or test on our servers, so please have the capacity to work and test off-site at your location.
Additional Project Description:
11/21/2012 at 12:28 EST
Editing project to add an example spreadsheet with two rows of data. Spreadsheet normally contains around 10K rows of data.
I have scrubbed the data to remove identifying customer information.