You are required to design and produce a partial implementation of an E-Commerce (EC) web site. You need to choose an unusual product for online purchase. Selling Books, CD's or mobile phones is not permitted as they are too conventional; please use your imagination when choosing a product. Your website should consist of 5 or more pages, which deal with demonstrating a product of your choice, explaining its competitiveness, giving detailed information about the product.
Marks will be awarded for the following:
• Efficiency of HTML (comments, readable code etc)
• Web controls
- some of these used sensibly (textboxes, buttons, dropdown list, radio buttons, etc)
- validation controls
• Connection to database
- insert, update, delete data (one or two of these)
• Shopping Basket
• Additional functionality - (e.g. Implementation of VB constructs including functions and procedures [this depends on your application; for example you could add a function to convert UK shoe sizes to Continental]; more sophisticated GUI; more sophisticated shopping basket )
• Report - this is a short report to help with assessment - details below.
The website needs to be done in web matrix which is an integrated development environment.