Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Multiple Google map lightbox pop-ups on a Wordpress page
I have a Wordpress website that will need to have the ability to have multiple lightbox pop-ups on the home page and one other page that displays a Google map with a marker and a custom HTML balloon. The Google map should also have zoom controls, and toggle switches to normal view, satellite view and hybrid view. I would like to be able to control the default zoom level, the default view and the default map center. Ideally, modifying Wordpress core files and Theme core files should be avoided if possible, and instead, use an existing plugin(s) from the Wordpress library to accomplish this. I have attempted to use WP Google Maps Pro for the mapping and XYZ WP Popup Developer version for the lightbox popup, but there are issues in Internet Explorer when more than 14 popups occur on a page. I would to be able to display HTML in the clickable balloon, such as the name of the marker, the address of the marker a "More Details" link and a Google "Get Directions" link.
Here is the web page that needs this: http://www.strandrealestate.com/community-information/myrtle-beach-oceanfront-condos/. If you click one of the links that has the address that says (map), you'll see what the lightbox map should look like. It is almost working, but If you view this in Internet Explorer 9.x on a PC, you will see that there are issues with two maps appearing even though the lightbox popup has not been triggered. If you view this in Firefox 19.x or greater or Chrome Ver 25x or greater, you'll see that this issue isn't there. Another issue with the system that I'm using is page size. The current page source is over 14,000 lines long, which is causing the page to load to slowly. If Ajax was used, the page size would be much smaller. I would like to reduce the page size and speed up the load time by using Ajax.
The website is using Wordpress: Version 3.5.1.
The Theme is "Agent" Version 3.0 by StudioPress.
I currently use the following plugins, so compatibility with them is a must. The WP Google Maps and the XYZ WP Popup are the two that I attempted to use for the lightbox Google map.
1. All in One SEO Pack - Version 188.8.131.52| By Michael Torbert
2. Breadcrumb Titles For Pages - Version 1.2.0 | By Viper007Bond
3. Contact Form 7 - Version 3.3.3| By Takayuki Miyoshi
4. Contact Form 7 - Dynamic Text Extension - Version 184.108.40.206 | By Chris Mavricos, SevenSpark
5. Content Slide Plugin - Version 1.4.2 | By Snilesh
6. Exclude Pages from Navigation - Version 1.92 | By Simon Wheatley
7. Featured Content Gallery - Version 3.2.0 | By iePlexus
8. jQuery Lightbox For Native Galleries - Version 3.2.2 | By Viper007Bond
9. Page Links To - Version 2.8 | By Mark Jaquith
10. Really Simple CAPTCHA - Version 1.5| By Takayuki Miyoshi
11. Redirection - Version 2.2.13 | By John Godley
12. WP-No-Format - Version 1.1 | By Ezequiel Miravalles
13. WP Google Maps - Version 5.08 | By WP Google Maps
14. WP Google Maps - Gold Add-on - Version 3.03 | By WP Google Maps
15. WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on - Version 4.08 | By WP Google Maps
16. WP Google Maps - Visitor Generated Markers- Version 1.0 | By WP Google Maps
17. XYZ WP Popup - Version 2.1.1 | By xyzscripts.com