You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We publish Miniguide, a print guide to Barcelona with articles, events and reviews in arts & culture, shopping, dining, clubbing, etc. We use a custom CMS but are interested in transitioning to a new, open-source platform. We have developed screen shots for what we would like to see in the new website (full screen + mobile). We have an SEO consultant with whom you would coordinate.
Content for new web:
- See miniguide.es
- Articles, events and location reviews (restaurants, shops, bars, etc.)
- Integration with Google maps
- Ability to display certain content as a function of other content (e.g. display reviews of restaurants located near an event when displaying event listing, etc.)
- Open-source technologies
- Responsive design that adapts to mobile + tablet
- Emphasis on speed (fast page load, lightweight, etc.)
- HTML5 and CSS3 with graceful degradation for older browsers
- Markups W3C validate
- SEO-friendly URLs
- Incorporate Google Analytics
- Use of Web fonts
- Ability to social media share any content
- Ability to generate (or send) newsletter
- Ability to schedule posts to Facebook and Twitter
- Ability to export from database into InDesign (e.g. XML)
- Ability for users to connect with Facebook or Twitter and submit new content as well as comment on existing content
- Migration of all existing content to new site with permanent redirects
Secondary phase, addition of modules to handle:
- CRM to coordinate selling activity / contact with new potential clients and existing clients
- Accounting functions (issue and email invoices automatically to clients, track receivables, etc.)
- Extranet so clients can access invoices, update information (phone number, opening hours, etc.), etc.
Data entry into the front-end system should be as fast as possible (AngelList does a good job). Our philosophy in regards to design is minimal and would like to see this carried through into the coding.
Please indicate with your proposal:
- Which CMS platform would you use.
- Which database technology would be used. We are open to NoSQL.
- What technology you would use to implement web fonts.
- Your recommendation regarding hosting.