We would like to have the Login and Registration pages, and the Login/Registration sliding panel plugin modified to integrate more closely with our Wordpress site in progress (http://sandbox.quickdick.net).
The Login/Registration sliding panel plugin is the iRedlof Ajax Login plugin. It can be found at http://iredlof.com/2009/04/iredlof-ajax-login-wordpress-plugin/.
Both pages and plugin need the following modification:
- modify Login and Registration to remove the need to use a Username
- Login and Registration is done by entering Email Address and Password only
- Password is created by the user, and not by the Wordpress system
- addition of reCaptcha to be integrated with Registration
For iRedlof Ajax Login plugin only:
- replacing the Forgot Password field with a Forgot Password link which directs the user to the lost password page (http://sandbox.quickdick.net/login?action=lostpassword)
- replace the Featured Post and Comment on the left with the Close button and text in the mock up template (see attached).
- remove the Log In | Register tab under the sliding panel
- remove the horizontal thin black line from which the sliding panel comes down
Integration with plugin:
- clicking on the ‘Add Post’ and ‘Add a FREE Post’ buttons will activate the sliding Login/Regsitration panel to come down from the top.
Another modification and integration:
- clicking on the ‘Browse’ buttons will activate the sliding panel to come down as well
- however...the content of the panel will be replaced with a Location field and text. See attached image for reference.
- the Location field won’t be hard coded to anything yet..that is for the near future.