You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
It can be developed using any of these:
a. ASP.NET MVC, NHibernate
For the front-end, it could be Sencha ExtJS or jQuery.
These skills/requirements are quite important to me:
1. Good communication and expressive skills
2. Best Design Practices for instance GoF Design Patterns, MVC Pattern, Facade pattern. OO Priciples like: Classes should be closed for modification but open for extension. Make a note of this fact that these can be achieved only if you are a skilled designer.
3. Security, Scalability, Performance: Efficient SQL
4. Proper code documentation
5. I'll test the system giving attention to minute details
6. Follow agreed-upon deadlines
7. Only developers who can handle such a big project need apply
1. A buyer or a supplier company registers herself on the web portal
2. Create Roles, Users, and assign roles to users
3. Ability to create business partners who are on the network using different criteria
4. Product Catalog Management: Ability to create hierarchy of categories. The products could be tangible goods and services both,
5. Create Product Variants by associating different attributes to the products.
6. Assign Unit of Measure to Products.
7. Define Price Lists
8. Price Calculation Engine: Based on the trade agreement between business partners
9. A buyer creates a Request for Quote (RFQ). The RFQ could be auto-generated based on the buyer's specific requirements. The system routes it to the suppliers. In return, the suppliers make a quotation. The buyer should be quipped with certain tools like charts etc. so that she can easily analyze and compare the quotes. The buyer may award the order to multiple suppliers.
10. Direct Order: It is more or less similar to a purchase that we do on an e-commerce site. This is an alternative to the RFQ process. the buyer can select the products and place a direct order to the appropriate supplier exclusively without going through the RFQ process.
11. A buyer can rate the quality of supplies and service of a supplier once everything is received. Similarly, suppliers can rate buyers.
12. Search: Browsing the product catalogs, Searching the suppliers etc.
13. Credit Card Payment
14. Standard ERP (Sale - Purchase) Functionality: Sales Quotation, Sales Order, Long term pricing contract, Invoicing, PO, RMA, Credit/Debit Notes, Shipment Tracking, Discount, Tax, Customer Payment Terms.. You can browse the net and read the documentation of these features. They will give you a good idea about the functionality that we want to accomplish..
Also let me know how many developers would you like to assign on this project: one, two, three...
Let me sum up, indicate the following in your quotation:
1. Which technology would you like to use?
2. Iterative Development nad ERP (Sale-Purchase) Experience, if any. These are not really important but desirable. If yes, explain in brief
3. What kind of experience do you have in Object Oriented Design of the system?
5. Security, Scalability, Performance. Tell me in brief how will you achieve/test them.
6. A brief overview of big projects carried out by you and links to it or portfolio, if any.
7. Try to share your experience what kind of obstacles/issues you had come across while doing the big projects.
8. Price Range: I understand it won't be an easy job to give the exact pricing based on these high-level specs. You can, however, specify the pricing range. It could be at a higher side, if you want to :)
9. Approx. how many developers will work on this project? If you are comfortable answering it at this point of time, then only reply..
Whatever you want to state, pl tell in brief and to the point. Pl. answer the questions in the same order listed above. Make sure to answer like this:
1. ASP.NET, Sencha, Nhibernate
Note that this work will be on an ongoing basis. New features will keep coming.