You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
You have been approached to design and implement a prototype of a distributed information system for a national racquet and health club. The company currently has 20 centre at various locations throughout the United Kingdom. It is planned that each centre will run a local database that contains all of the data relevant to the centre. Each of the individual centre’s computer systems would have the same functionality. They each must have the ability to manage the memberships to clients, the bookings of exercise classes, tennis courts, personal fitness trainers and swimming lessons and the sale of food and beverages cafe. These functions will be provided by a number of computer terminals spread throughout the centre, i.e. at reception and in the cafe.
One centre will be designated as the national management centre. This centre has all the regular functions of a normal centre but has a larger administrative centre from which the nation operations are managed. National management needs to be able to run a number of reports that detail summary information for individual centre and collective national summary information. National summary reports include, total weekly, monthly memberships, and totals of weekly, monthly sales from the various cafe. National managers have all of the functionality of the local managers with the addition of national reports.
1. Sales staff will have the capabilities to book (update/insert/delete) the sell activities and memberships.
2. Sales staff will have the capabilities to sell food and beverages.
1. Have all of the functionality of Sales staff
2. They can also produce reports of weekly/monthly sales.
3. They can produce reports of weekly/monthly sales.
4. They can review individual staff sales statistics.
1. Have all of the functionality of Local managers.
2. They can also produce national weekly/monthly sales.
3. The can produce national/weekly sales statistics.