setup and run my mail server
I send out around 6000 or so emails per day. Needless to say, but I will say it anyway, all are opt ins, Co-registration leads, or customers of ours.
I will shortly be adding 600 - 1000 new ones per day. I run on a Linux server.
I need you to do the following:
1. Recommend an in-house mail sender that is ideal for email marketing.
Must run on Linux. Most be inexpensive. Must be capable of handling our present volume and expanding to maybe 20,000 emails per day.
2. Install it. My ISP will assist.
3. Run it for a monthly charge.
Running it means:
1. Setting up a mail-failure process so that emails can be almost instantly sent to ISPs and spamblockers to get us unblocked
2. Handling technical issues and problems,
3. Performing updates
4. Doing a periodic security audit
5. Providing minimum response times when there is a problem,
6. Assistance in setting up new requirements.
7. Constantly making sure that the checklist below is being done.
When you set this up, you will run through the following list and make sure all of this is done:
1. Make sure we have a reverse DNS record that is correct and accurate at all times.
2. Make sure to publish accurate SPF records for all sender domains
3. Make sure to sign all domains to DKIM/DomainKeys
4. Make sure unsubscribe links are valid in all emails that go out
5. Make sure all hard bounced emails are deleted. Make sure soft bounces are handled so that ISPs don't get upset.
6. Make sure there is a list-unsubscribe email header so subscribers of hotmail and others can unsubscribe with one click
7. Make sure reply-to email addresses are valid and monitored at all times
8. Make sure "precedence: bulk" headers are included.
9. Include abuse address in the email, and make sure that address is registered in abuse.net
10. Periodically check the domain expiry to make sure we aren't close.
My budget for software and your services is no more than $250 - $300 per month. That has to include both you, and any software that I must buy in accordance with your recommendation.
Please bid on setup charge and monthly charge for the above. Include details of your experience and platforms you have installed, serviced and worked on. Thank you
Additional Project Description:
09/05/2008 at 15:10 EDT
I am thinking of PowerMTA for the MTA, and Octeth.com for the higher layer.
What do you think?