Need some work done? Post a Project Today
We are a development & hosting company based in Arizona, USA. We do large scale PHP/CI projects, utilizing Firebird SQL as our database. Our clients are large corporations, government departments, universities and small business. We are looking to expand our development team with additional PHP/CI developers who are looking for a long term arrangement with a client who can provide them with up to 40 hours of work per week.
The suitable candidate for this work shall have the following:
- At least 3 years of PHP coding experience
- Some experience in another object oriented language (ie. Java, C++, Delphi, etc.)
- Experience with CodeIgniter (we use a highly modified version of CI, so this won't be your normal CI project - you'll need to be comfortable with the internals of CI to understand how we do things)
- An attitude towards producing the highest grade of code
- Experience working in a team environment, where other developers will be working with your code - NO SOLO ARTISTS or EGOs here
- A willingness and desire to learn new approaches - we use our own custom framework which is extensive
- Understanding of larger scale database applications is helpful
- Ability to use modern IDEs (ie. Netbeans, Eclipse, etc.)
- Understanding of SVN
- Good English communication skills (IMPORTANT)
- A good Internet connection, and stable power source
If you have what it takes, you'll be working with some of the best CI devs in the world. You'll get to learn about code from experienced and professional developers doing big things with software.
If you are sick of chasing lots of small jobs all the time, making money while the work is there and then losing it all while you wait for the next gig, then this might be for you. We don't pay the rates that small projects pay, but we offer long term employment. Our developers have been working with us for years - some for over 10 years, so longevity is important to us. We treat everyone with respect, but we have pretty high expectations.
Are you up for this? If so, bid on this. But don't bid if:
a. You are some body shop - we only work with the individual doing the code. PERIOD
b. You are just looking for some short term gig - We'll invest a lot with you to bring you up to speed with our framework, so we want to see some return on that investment. This isn't some small "Build me a WordPress site" project. This is professional development work that you can put on your resume.
c. You have unrealistic expectations of rate. We have developers working for us from all over the world, and rate is based on competitiveness - not your cost of living.
e. If you are a job spammer, forget it. We'll report you and you won't like bidding on this project.
That's about it. Contact us if you have any questions.