Need some work done? Post a Project Today
The site is an alert service, similar to music-alerts.com, albumreminder.com, soundamus.com, tourfilter.com, etc., where users enter their favorite bands / artists, and will then get email/rss notifications on these in the future, based on their preferences, when ever the site discovers a new release.
*** Look at Soundamus.com for an idea on what we're inspired by ***
If you can basically make something very similar to soundamus.com, then that would be fine.
I also have some further specifications + designs to look at, just ask me.
The solution should be multi-language, with the ability to edit the language files via some CMS solution. The solution should be coded in solid MVC framework, CodeIgnitor or YII preferred.
All code should be well structured, with logical structure, names for functions/variables, etc. All code must be properly documented in English.
* * * * More detailed description * * * *
The soltion consists of the following parts:
1. The website, where users register, and can see listings of the data in the database
2. A parser / spider to collect data
3. A small Admin-section, where users / data can be viewed, website texts can be edited, etc.
4. A cron-job to send out updates via email and update each users a RSS feed
Each component should be one or more separate script(s), so it is easy to update each component without interferring with the parts.
* The website is mainly a registration-page, and a listing of the data in the database.
The registration contains:
• A list of artists,
• country/city information,
• what frequency the user would like updates from the cron-job (daily, weekly, monthly),
• what format (mail and/or RSS)
Users can also edit their existing preferences by using the same registration-page as they’ve registered themselves with using their email + an autogenerated password.
The website is very simple design, so the HTML is easy.
* The parser / spider collects data from various data-sources (initially only amazon + one more source), and store all this data in the local database. The "startout data" would probably be musicbrainz for ID's, structure, etc., combined with additional information gathered from scraping of allmusic.com.
* The cron job checks for new data every hour, and when new data (ie. The relase of a new album, movie, concert or similar) is matched to users, the cronjob then sends out emails to the relevant users based on their settings and updates their RSS feeds.
* The CMS is where I can edit the texts, view user-data, etc.
The code must be 100% professional, MCV, consistant, well-documented, etc.
It is very important for me that you can stay on deadline and give me a daily rapport on progress (even if there is no progress).