You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
GPRS/RFID System Embedded Software Integration.
We have a mobile RFID Card-reader which is GPRS-enabled and also contains a GPS unit.
This is the hardware portion of our Employee Attendance Monitoring System.
The main hardware components consist of:
- PIC24F Microcontroller
- SIMCOM SIM908 GPS/GPRS Module
- ID Innovations ID-12 RFID Reader Module.
The embedded software for this device has been substantially developed and tested using 3 evaluation boards (PIC, GPRS, RFID).
The software has been developed using MPLAB C30.
We now have custom hardware available and we now need this existing code ported to the new hardware.
The functionality of the Embedded Software:
- Enables configuration of the Reader via GPRS.
- Reads card numbers, add time and location stamps and transmit data to server app.
- Logs card numbers, time and location stamps locally in the event of network problems, for later transmission.
- Basic Geo-fencing functionality. (Radius from given coordinates.)
The Card-readers will be used in conjunction with a web-based .NET application which will control the readers and will also store data from the
readers in a Database. (This project does not require development of this application, but does require development of a simple
"demonstrator" application to test the functionality of the Card-reader Embedded Software.)
A key deliverable for this project is an API Specification document which will allow PHp programmer to write application programs for this device.
Deliverables will include
* A port of your existing code to your new hardware.
** The code will allow for configuration of the ID-12 Reader module via GPRS.
** The code will use the ID-12 to read card numbers, and send the card numbers as well as time and location stamps to a remote server via GPRS.
** The code will store all data locally until successfully sent to the server, to allow for intermittent network connectivity.
** The code will also provide basic geo-fencing functionality, giving an approximate position with radius of certainty.
* An API specification detailing the data transmission formats to and from the device, as well as the recommended database structure for storing said data.
* A simple demonstration application for testing the device's functionality.