You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I have a working Geocoding system now that does a lookup in Google & Yahoo but it doesn't utilize the "accuracy" feature that Google returns. I need a VERY SOLID address to latitude/longitude converter. The two PHP classes that I use now is "GoogleGeoRequest" & "GoogleMapAPI" from PHP INSIDER. They work OK, but not at the level I need. I don't need any database work, just the class or function to convert the address.
The addresses may be passed to the class/function in a couple different ways and if unsucessful the function needs to be able to mix the address up in many different ways in order to geocode it. Here are some possible examples:
1. 1010 S 300 E West Jordan, UT 84088
2. 1010 S Maple View Way West Jordan, UT 84088
3. 300 E 1010 S West Jordan, UT 84088
There are probably only about 6 or so address mix tests that would need to be done. The way it works now is if Google is unsucessful then it would try the same tests on Yahoo Maps. I'm not an expert on which systems (google, yahoo, etc.) are the best to geocode, but accuracy is critical. I've had problems in the past with street names being two words which needs to be addressed. Google returns an "accuracy" so I'd like the ability to say if the accuracy is less than X then do this. In order for me to map this out I need to understand how all the different systems work and have you recommend a solution.
As I mentioned I already have this working, however it is become too common where the geocoding is innaccurate so please only bid if you are an expert in the field.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
PHP - Final deliverables will be a PHP Class or Function (prefer a class)